The State of Ohio funded ACT test for all Juniors will be given on February 25, 2020. In the event of a weather cancellation, the makeup date will be March 24, 2020. The test can only be given on this date - there will be no rescheduled dates.
All Juniors will be enrolled by MUC. The student and parents do not need to do anything to register.
If you are a Senior and did not take the ACT for free last year, please contact Mrs. Pavalko immediately.
Mahoning Unlimited Classroom is now located at 4211 Evelyn Road, Youngstown, OH 44511
March 17, 2020
Dear MUC Families,
As you are all aware, Ohio Governor DeWine has announced that all Ohio School Buildings are to be closed due to the Coronavirus outbreak for three weeks. Most school districts are moving to online instruction for this period of time, and enrollment in and out of districts has been halted.
MUC students are at an advantage because your online curriculum will continue as normal. The lab will remain closed during this time, but all staff will be available by email, phone and text during regular school hours. You are still required to attend online for 27 hours per week. We will continue to track your attendance hours and send green, yellow and red tier phone calls. MUC wants you to stay on track and complete your courses on time! At this time, it is unknown what will happen to local school district schedules / ending dates for the year. MUC will continue to operate as usual in online only mode and your end date for the semester will remain June 5th.
As a reminder, this Friday is the halfway point of the semester. Many of you have met individually with teachers and have the date of 3/20 as an ending date for semester courses and/or credit recovery extensions. This date will not be extended. Please make sure you do not miss your deadlines!! It is likely at this point that we will be switching to a new learning platform next school year. Your current courses will NOT be extended and you will earn the “F” for the course.
It is extremely important that you check your gmail daily and communicate with your teachers. We are here for you and will work our hardest to support you at home during this difficult time. As always, if you need anything, please reach out to any staff member. Below are phone numbers and emails where we can be reached. Thank you for your patience and stay safe!
Sue Pavalko, Counselor / Principal email@example.com (330) 406-9381
Alice Cartwright, ELA Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org (330) 942-0506
Gina Christy, Intervention Spec. email@example.com (330) 892-8319
Tony Lucente, Social Stud. Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org (234) 254-0442
Kathy Miller, Math Teacher email@example.com (330) 406-9805
Jennifer Remick, Science Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org (330) 779-1446
Stacy Rutana, Intervention Spec. email@example.com (234) 254-2858
Nicole Berkowicz firstname.lastname@example.org (330) 366-6166
Darlene Schiavello email@example.com
We have a new location!!
4211 Evelyn Road, Austintown, OH 44511
(off of Kirk Rd. between Meridian and Raccoon)
OUR NEW SIGN POINTING TO OUR ENTRANCE/EXIT
Attention WRTA riders, please note that the WRTA Cornersburg bus will arrive at the corner of Evelyn and Kirk roads at 5 minutes past every hour.
Click on "More Options" below and put your address in to get directions to the MUC
2018-2019 Mahoning Unlimited Classroom Staff (click here to learn more about our staff)
Congrats to the class of 2019 Mahoning Unlimited Classroom
1. END OF COURSE Exams/Retakes (High School Students)
2. State Tests (Middle School Students)
3. ACT (11th Graders)
4. Spring MAP Testing
5. Registration for Fall (NEW)
6. Graduation (@Mahoning County Educational Service Center in Canfield, Ohio)
7. Summer School[ Optionional] (Get ahead + Credit Recovery) (MCESC) (There is an additional cost for this)Enrollment Timeline and Procedures: (for non 22+ students)1. Call MUC at 330-533-8755 for information about the school (See FAQ) on this website too.2. Schedule a tour or call for individual questions to be answered.3. New Students-There will be two packets available starting August 1st 2019 (here) and (at school)4. Returning Students-There will be one packet to complete + POR.5. Students and Learning Coach (Parent, Guardian, or Designated contat) will have training prior to starting courses.6. The 2019-2029 school starts August 19th 2019.Notice of class action lawsuit settlement Doe, et al., v. State of Ohio, et al., Case No. 2:91-cv-00464An Ohio Community School opening doorways, creating opportunities and extending boundaries for those students who need, or desire, education in a setting other than a traditional school model.