Our Mission StatementThe Mahoning Unlimited Classroom, an online public charter school, strives to foster nurturing partnerships among parents, students and staff, collaborating to create an educational environment that prepares students for success in the 21st century.
- All students can learn when given optimum learning experiences.
- All students can reach higher levels of achievement.
- Technology is a tool that enhances learning and affords students choices on how to approach their education.
- The school's program should be challenging. Students are expected to work online, as well as offline in workbooks, printed lessons, or other related activities.
- To provide a quality, self-directed, flexible learning options to all students.
- To create a learning environment that incorporates the best resources from a variety of media, is flexible in pace and content, and includes a combination of home, community and school-based instruction.
- To provide a learning system that creates partnerships between educators, parents, and caretakers.
- To expose students to a variety of vocational opportunities that enhance their prospects for successful employment.
- To provide an educational support system based on the Ohio state standards for "at-risk" students in a residential facility.
- Curriculum for grades 4-12 in all core subjects (Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, and Science) as well as a variety of HS electives.
- Computer hardware including a content appropriate and filtered Internet connection.
- Experienced and properly certified/licensed staff, including regular education instructors, special education instructors and a school psychologist. Behavior coaches and technical support personnel are also employed to the educational program.
- A learning environment that incorporates the best resources from a variety of media, including online learning.